I have an accepted workers' compensation claim.  Can I get reimbursed for the costs of driving to all of my doctor's appointments?

Yes.  If the round-trip mileage is 20 miles or more, you can get reimbursed at the current rate in effect for the use of a car for business purposes as set by the Internal Revenue Service.  At the time of this writing, it is 44.5 cents per mile for mileage incurred on or after January 18, 2006.  You will have to fill out and submit a Form 25T, "Itemized Statement of Charges for Travel."

The Wake Law Office provides experienced and honest legal counsel for individuals and small businesses throughout eastern North Carolina, in cities such as Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill, Knightdale, Holly Springs, Apex, Morrisville, and Garner.  You'll find a lawyer you can count on at the Wake Law Office.
The information contained in this site is for general knowledge only, and is not to be construed as legal advice or advice creating an attorney-client relationship.  Please schedule a confidential consultation to have your specific legal questions addressed by an attorney.